Daniel E. Sarzynski Partner
Mr. Sarzynski practices in the areas of commercial litigation and corporate law.
Among his clients, Mr. Sarzynski represents banks, credit unions, and other financial institutions. He assists his financial institution clients with workouts, collections, restructures, mortgage foreclosures, liquidations, and Chapters 7, 11, and 13 bankruptcies. He also counsels financial institutions on operational, compliance, and regulatory matters.
Mr. Sarzynski represents businesses in the construction industry. His clients include developers, architects, general contractors, construction managers, subcontractors, and suppliers. He assists his construction industry clients with contract negotiations, mechanic's lien filings, surety bond claims, construction defect claims, delay and impact claims, bid disputes, and payment and performance disputes.
Beyond the financial and construction industries, Mr. Sarzynski represents a wide range of clients – from closely held companies to publicly traded companies to governmental entities – with their litigation needs. He represents clients in all manners of business disputes in state and federal court, and in mediation and arbitration proceedings.
Mr. Sarzynski assists clients with their corporate needs, too, handling issues related to entity formation, non-compete agreements, shareholder disputes, labor and employment issues, and asset sales and purchases.
- Past Chair, Erie County Bar Association's Commercial & Bankruptcy Law Committee
- President, Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA), Niagara Frontier Chapter
- Member, Construction Exchange of Buffalo and Western New York
- Member, Turnaround Management Association
- Board of Directors, WNY United Against Drug & Alcohol Abuse
- Alumnus, Leadership Buffalo, Class of 2010
- Member, Erie County Bar Association
- Hamilton College, cum laude
- State University of New York at Buffalo Law School, J.D.
- New York State
- United States District Courts and Bankruptcy Courts for all Districts of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
Speaking Engagements and Publications
Mr. Sarzynski frequently speaks on and writes about topics in his areas of practice. He has given presentations on and written about:
- Debt collection and judgment enforcement
- Mortgage foreclosures
- Non-compete agreements
- Mechanic's liens
- Surety bonds
- Insurance and indemnification
- Construction claims