Johanna M. Healy Partner
Ms. Healy is a litigation attorney who focuses her practice on insurance coverage and insurance defense including premises liability, lead paint, toxic torts, New York State Labor Law, and products liability. Ms. Healy has argued appeals before the Appellate Division, Fourth Department, and taken automobile accident, lead paint, construction, and commercial contract cases to verdict as a first and/or second chair attorney. She practices regularly in both New York State and Federal Courts. In addition to her litigation practice, Ms. Healy practices municipal law in her role as Village Attorney for the village of Springville, New York.
During college and law school, Ms. Healy was employed by Syracuse University at the Carrier Dome in various roles, including Student Supervisor, Assistant Manager of Business Administration, and Student Coordinator. During her employment at the Carrier Dome, she also was a member of the Carrier Dome’s Risk Management Board. During law school, Ms. Healy was a student attorney in Syracuse University College of Law's Public Interest Legal Clinic and a law clerk in the litigation department at the Federal Election Commission in Washington DC. Ms. Healy also studied law in the chambers of Peter Susman, a Queen's Counsel Barrister in London, England. She is a graduate of the United Way’s Board Governance for Women Program.
- Village Attorney, Village of Springville, New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association
- President, Western New York Cloggers Association
- Member, Donate Life Foundation Board for Unyts
- Syracuse University
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- New York State
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of New York
- Risk Management for Non-Profits, United Way
- Risk Management for Non-Profits, Volunteer Administrators of WNY
- Liabilities of a Board Member and Risk Management for Board Members – United Way Board Governance for Women Program
- Intentional Torts, Lorman
- Super Lawyers, 2013
- Named a recipient of the 2010 Pro Bono award by the Judiciary of the Western District of New York for her exemplary pro bono work representing low-income clients in civil cases.