Kimberly A. Georger Associate
Ms. Georger focuses her practice on commercial litigation and labor and employment law. She counsels employers in all types of labor-related issues, including employer-employee relations under the National Labor Relations Act, avoidance of discrimination claims, compliance with wage and hour laws, and maintenance of employment policies which comply with federal and state employment laws, rules, and regulations.
Ms. Georger conducts compliance audits and trainings for her clients on discrimination and wage and hour laws and has litigated commercial and employment-law related matters before federal and state courts and administrative agencies. She has experience in grievance resolution and management side collective bargaining negotiations in both the public and private sector.
Ms. Georger also works with Charter Schools in litigation matters related to funding and Charter renewal issues. She has extensive experience with the unique legal issues faced by Charter Schools in New York State.
- American Bar Association: Labor and Employment Law Section
- Erie County Bar Association
- Secretary of the Board of Directors for Preventionfocus, Inc.
- Board of Directors of the University at Buffalo Gold Group
- Board of Directors of the Mid-Day Club
- Board member of the SPCA serving Erie County
- State University of New York at Buffalo Law School, J.D., cum laude
- State University of New York at Buffalo, M.A.
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.A.
- New York State
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of New York
- 7.15.2011 - Must-Have Workplace Policies
- 9.22.2011 - Employment Law CE
- 11.15.2011 - Employment Discrimination: The Nuts and Bolts
- 1.19.2012 - Protecting Your Assets: Effective Strategies to Shield Personal & Business Assets
- 4.18.2012 - An Employee by Any Other Name: The Pitfalls of Employee Misclassification
- 5.15.2012 - Demystifying Contracts
- 8.28.2012 - Starting and Running A Business - 5 Key Strategies to Lead You to Success
- 9.13.2012 – Walking the Tightrope-Your HR Safety Net Solutions
- 10.23.2012 – Walking the Tightrope-Your HR Safety Net Solutions
- 2.7.2013 - The 2013 Challenge: Simple Strategies to Protect Your Business